- International home sales activity continues to be one of the strongest sectors in Texas real estate, adding $10.89 billion to the economy from April 2017 to March 2018.
- Despite the slight drop in international homebuyers compared to last year’s reporting period, Texas still remains an international hub and top destination for people from across the world to live, work, and conduct business.
- Texas accounted for 9% of all homes purchased by international homebuyers in the United States from April 2017 to March 2018 with 24,012 homes out of 266,800 nationwide.
- Six Texas metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) were listed in the top 50 MSAs nationwide for immigration.
- Texas had the highest volume of homebuyers from Mexico than any other state from April 2017 to March 2018, with 38% of Mexican homebuyers who purchased a home in the U.S. choosing Texas. The Lone Star State was also a top destination for homebuyers from China (7%), India (6%), the United Kingdom (5%) and Canada (3%).
- Texas ranked third in the nation for international home sellers, behind Florida and California and above Arizona and New York. Texas accounted for 10% of all homes sold by international home sellers in the United States between April 2017 and March 2018.
- International homebuyers choose Texas for its friendly business environment, availability of world-class education, and investment opportunities. As the demand for Texas home ownership continues to span the globe, TAR encourages all homebuyers to work with a Texas REALTOR® to help best understand and successfully navigate the home buying process.
You can download our key messages document here. Should you need help preparing for related media interviews, Hunter Dodson, public relations counsel for the Texas Association of REALTORS®. Hunter’s phone number is 512-448-4950; email: email@example.com. If you need anything else, contact the Texas Association of REALTORS® Communications and Marketing Department, at 800-873-9155.
Remember, Danny Frank is always looking to hire new and experienced real estate agents for the team at Heritage Texas Properties. Are you ready to move to the next level in your career? Call me to join today. You can see my entire blog at: http://www.pearlandrealtyblog.com The Houston Real Estate Expert.
Call Danny Frank, at https://doodle.com/danfranktx to start looking for the JUST right house or to sell your house at the best price ever and in the quickest amount of time. Or make an appointment to vist with me here: