Ok fellow Realtors®... It is that time of year again... Time to give back to protect your industry... What is TREPAC you ask???
TREPAC/Texas Association of REALTORS Political Action Committee is the non-partisan, voluntary, and non-profit political grassroots fundraising program which supports candidates for federal, state and local elected office who create a favorable business environment where REALTORS® can make a profit, protect the rights of property and homeowners, and enable the real estate industry to flourish.
As one of the largest grassroots fundraising efforts in the state, TREPAC hosts fundraising and networking activities throughout the greater Houston, Texas area.
TREPAC is a great way to get involved and participate in the political process in your industry. If you would like information on how to get involved, please visit our website at www.har.com/govtaffairs.
You may ask why do I need to get involved??? Go to TAR'S page and find out the real story... http://www.texasrealtors.com/web/4/33/whyinvest
The Sept. 27 Houston Chronicle included an article on page B4 entitled, $158 million raised for races within the state. The article includes TAR's $3.6 million as the top 2006 Political Action Committee donor. I thought you would want to see how TREPAC stacks up against other PACs and millionaires who make political contributions from their personal wealth. Here's the link to the article: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5167944.html
The Five Reasons to Invest in TREPAC...
1. Protect yourself, your career and your future by helping to keep the government out of your wallet.
2. Help to make a difference in the real estate industry and support candidates who support our interests i.e.: Association Health Plans, which would benefit REALTOR® members.
3. YOU can make a difference! Currently, TREPAC is the largest grassroots effort in the state. And it is through these efforts, funded by our REALTOR® members banding together, TREPAC is able to achieve its excellent results.
4. Participate in fun TREPAC Realtor Community events and network with your fellow peers.
5. With more than 50 elected officials who represent the HAR membership area, it makes more economic sense to invest $250 in TREPAC, rather than $5 per candidate and /or elected official.
The Five Ways to Invest in TREPAC...
1. Through TREPAC Fundraising Events. HAR host several fundraising events throughout the year. Check out the TREPAC Calendar for more details.
2. Make a pledge - you don't have to make your entire investment at one time. You can "pledge" an amount and then make your investment throughout the year at various auctions. Then, you can pay the remaining amount on your pledge at the end of the TREPAC year.
3. Monthly payments - you can also make arrangements to have your credit card charged a specific amount per month to complete your investment.
4. Online - make your investment online now.
5. Dues Billing - the easiest way to make your investment is to add it on to your annual dues payment. HAR gives you this option on your annual dues billing statement, which you receive via e-mail in October and November.
Remember - The TREPAC fundraising year ends on September 30, so all investments must be completed prior to that date!
GET INVOLVED.... Before its to late.
please visit www.danfrankrealty.com